Washing Your Bone China Mugs
We recommend you wash your fine bone china as soon as possible after use. Gentle hand washing without the use of abrasive scourers is the best way to keep it looking pristine.
You can wash your bone china mugs on the top rack of your dishwasher. For best results please adhere to the following guidelines:
· Make sure that the china does not touch any other item that may cause scratching or damage by vibration.
· Do not overload the dishwasher.
· Use the most delicate cycle available on your dishwasher.
· Ensure the maximum temperature is 60ºC (140ºF) or below.
· Use mild and gentle detergents.
· Make sure there is a rinse cycle to wash away any detergent film.
Please note that over time the glaze and ceramic colours on bone china can deteriorate with frequent dishwasher use.
Wash your bone china mug as quickly as possible to reduce the possibility of staining from strong tea or coffee etc.
You can try removing stains by:
· Soaking in warm water before washing.
· Soaking a slice of lemon in water.
· Bicarbonate of soda - see manufacturers’ instructions.
Bone china is a delicate product, but when it is looked after properly it will last you for years. In order to maximize the life span of your bone china mug we recommend the following:
· Do not pour hot water directly into a cold mug. Bone china can be damaged and crack by sudden and extreme changes in temperature. A metal spoon placed in the mug before the hot liquid will help. If you take milk, then add it before the hot liquid.
· Do not put bone china in the freezer, heat above 60°C (140°F), or put it in contact with a naked flame.
· It must not be used for cooking purposes.
Storing of Bone China
In order to avoid scratching and chipping of your mugs we recommend that you do not store bone china mugs directly on top of one another or allow them to touch.